• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5" with Bushwackers.... where to go now

jbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
OK so i currently have a 1999 2D with a 4.5" RE SF kit, bushwackers, rolling on 32" BFG AT. I want to make the jump to 35's and I am wondering how much more lift I will need to get there. I plan to get a control arm lowering kit (don't get in the longarm v lower kit argument please... theres too many threads for that).

So how much more lift do I need? Any brands/products you would reccomend for doing so?

go up another two and there ya go. Even better take the bushcrackers off and go from there.

I have a 2000 with the 4.5" kit 1 3/4" spacers up front and HD Engineering shackle boxes in the rear running 35's. Overall Im sitting around 5.5" with the RK longarm upgrade up front.

That is w/o the shackle boxes which raised my rear up a little bit. I almost always take off the front flares when I go wheeling. I havent put them back on since the summer and plan on getting new front fenders, rear 1/4 guards and body work to fix the holes in the doors. Tube fenders ftw.

Yes definitely trim. Im a little higher than I want to be right now and I had trimmed out the inside of my bushwackers and as much fender as possible. 4.5" is enough to run 35's just keep it low and trim what is in the way.

Back