• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap alignments?

The back of Cherokees are leaf sprung and hard mounted, so you cannot get the rear aligned... Just noting that because I have seen a couple cases where a customer would request a 4 wheel alignment, so they would get charged for it even though the shop couldn't adjust it even if it needed it.

The local "true FEA shops" only charge $25 for a XJ, you can only set the toe and only adjust caster slightly. If a shop trys to charge you for a 4 wheel alignment on a XJ then they are crooks, walk out the door and go somewhere else.

I do my own garage alignments with 2 sticks bungied to the wheels and a tape measure.

Set the track bar first to center the axle, set the toe second, and then adjust the steering wheel center. It only takes a few min. with a helper. My 7 year old son helps me.

I set my toe-in at 1/16 of a inch, I adjust camber if I need to with a angle finder or just "how it feels" going down the road. I measure the axle center by measuring from the frame-out to the outer lugs on the tire, I try to get that within a 1/8 inch.

Back