• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

back again, still no start.

HuntMarsh

NAXJA Forum User
summarize my project up to this point: was a jeep sitting at deer camp for years, bone stock '90 xj 4wd. had a serious knocking issue. i drove it home and have it sitting in my garage now. diagnosed the knock as a seriously bent pushrod. switched it out and the car ran awesome and quiet for a day or two. sat for like a week without being touched while i sanded and painted the entire car. went to start it up this past week and got a solid crank, but no start. the starter was working intermittently so my first instinct was to switch it out. got a brand new one in there and ive got a solid, strong crank again, but still not starting. i've switched out all the spark plugs and have a good spark. also tried starting fluid and it gets the engine to studder alot but never stays running. i do have pressure at the fuel rails.

in your opinion, where would be the next place you look for a problem?

What is the psi at the fuel rail?

Back