• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix motor with H.O. head?

87xjstafford

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to put a H.O. head and intake and all that good stuff onto a Renix motor? If so how hard and how much would i have to change? Sorry if this has been answered already and i didn't find it, i did search and quite possibly did'nt use the right "keywords".

Yes, it fits. I ran the HO head with stock Renix intake, not ideal but it worked after grinding out the locating dowel holes to allow the intake to be moved up on the head. The HO intake ports are quite a bit higher which is one of the big reasons they make more power.

Maybe someone will chime in with making HO intake manifold sensors work with Renix, I don't think it'd be a big deal at all.

If your not doing a stroker it's not worth the effort in my opinion. I don't think there is going to be enough of a difference to tell.

Parakeet

Well I'm thinking of running all the H.O. injection so i can run throttle body injection, and most after market hop up parts for 4.0L that i can find are for 1991 and up.

Ok, so you are planning on putting an HO head and fuel injection system in a RENIX XJ? If so, it has been done before, but I don't envy you doing it.

You will need the entire wiring harness, all sensors, all electronics. Be careful what year you get, because at some point Jeep decided to reverse the direction of the ohm output for the fuel gauge, so you will probably also need the instrument cluster and fuel pump and sender, and then renix speedo was a mechanical unit and the HOs' are electronic.

Anyway, post up pictures and let us know how it goes for you.

Back