• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much $ to replace cps

$75 for the part.
Less than an hour of work, so at most around $140 if the going rate is $70 per hour.

How much did you pay?

I know what the part costs at advanced or auto zone but with the markup a mechanic has it should cost a little more:doh:

I knew what the problem was and I was not sure if it was a short somewhere and it turns out the wire was worn in 2 spots if i would have looked I would have saw it I am a jackass. had to work today and had no time to look into it.

$200.00:anon::cry::bawl:

Last edited:
It cost my buddy $400 in his mercedes M-Class. I got a slightly used one for $20 and bought some wobbler extensions and was able to change mine in about 40 minutes by using three extensions to "bend" their way around the bellhousing and get to the bolts. - DONT drop them in the bellhousing. Got them back in through the engine bay - skinny arms would have been helpful there. I think I could do it in half the time now.

Sorry you got ripped. You didnt have the luxury of time and the NAXJA brain trust though.

Makes it double painful when you realize that you had to earn $250 to pay $200 (after taxes) and that the mechanic ended up with less after he paid his taxes. That's why you're forced to D.I.Y. when you can.

Its nice when you can negotiate to eliminate the tax man... not that I'd advocate that kind of thing......

Back