• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake light wont turn off

MYXJ22

NAXJA Forum User
I removed the brakes this weekend on the 8.8, I bleed them and put them back on, put some more brake fluid in and that was that. The brake light in the jeep is now on. Parking brake is fully diengaged, and I tryed to clear it by disconnecting the battery. The light is still on and wont go off. Any ideas?

The other thing that will cause that red light to go on is a pressure imbalance between the front and rear circuits.

Is there any chance that you ran the master cylinder dry while you were bleeding the brakes?

No the fluid in the resovoir only went down to the "ADD" mark, so I didnt have to put much more in. There didnt appear to be any air in the lines either when I finished bleeding them, straight lines of fluid were coming out.

Have someone open one of the front bleeders while you're holding the pedal down. It should only take one try, that'll re-center the shuttle valve in the combination valve assembly and turn the light off.

Back