• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full Hydro and stock pump questions.

Randeezy868

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been searching here and pirate for a similar setup. Im going to be running full hydro on my xj. Everything I have read says the stock pump will be fine until I have the funds for an aftermarket pump. I have a 99 cherokee and I was wondering if and how people were hooking up aux reservoirs and or coolers. Can i just go off of the stock low pressure line and go to a small tank, and then on to the rest of the system, or is it more complicated. Im new to the world of hydro. Thanks in advance.

I run a stock 4 cyl pump with a remote res on mine, the res is plumbed into the return line, A cooler would also need to be placed inline on the return line also, you do not want to place them on the high pressure line

I run a stock 4 cyl pump with a remote res on mine, the res is plumbed into the return line, A cooler would also need to be placed inline on the return line also, you do not want to place them on the high pressure line

is the 4cy pump better then the 6cy pump?

i think the 4 cyl pumps are made for a remote resi instead of the plastic resi that it part of the 4.0 pump

that is correct, it is already made to use a remote res, works great, been running it for at least 5 years now without any problems

What did you use to go from the high pressure side of the pump to go to hydraulic line? As in what fittings? Flare the hard line and adapt from there? or is there a way to not use the hard line?

I took my hard line over to a shop that makes hydo lines and had them use the stock pump line end onto the new hose, bolts up like it originally did

Back