• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much is too much for Keyfob/Keyless

AG74683

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ was optioned with keyless entry, BUT it did not come with the keyfob.

Stealership wants to charge me 110 for the keyfob and programming. That price wont change if I purchase the keyfob online and bring it in...

So should I keep looking or just bite the bullet and pay the cash? I really would like the keyless, especially for the winter here.

Some guy on here has RKE receiver boards and keyfobs paired for sale, I think it was less than half that amount but I'm not sure. His boards fit later-90s models so hopefully you aren't pre-97.

Ive got a 99, but I dont want to pull stuff apart quite yet.

Another dealership quoted me 42 if I provide my own keyfob, which sounds a little more reasonable.

Last edited:
Different dealership charge different prices based on their customer service philosophy. $70 for programming is the most common price. Some dealerships will program your eBay or junkyard fobs for free if you are having other service work done at the some time. I would look for another dealership to take care of my Cherokee.

Back