• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 81 XJ in Ramstein Germany

Jagged73

NAXJA Forum User
Last year I picked up an 81 XJ out of the junk yard on Ramstein. It needed brakes, tires, exhaust, ect ect.

I got ready for inspection but then got deployed. Got back and had it tested and they said the rear brakes were not braking side to side evenly so replace the rear shocks. Replaced them and now....still fails for rear brakes...and they noticed the rear main seal is leaking.

As such I am parting it out. Its got about 200,000 KM...thats KM not miles on the clock. Strong 4.0 HO engine (with a rear main seal leak), strong auto tranny and transfer case, 5 brand new tires...no dougnut tire with less than 200 miles on them, 4 Cragar Soft 8's...stock size, brand new exhaust from header back...that includes a new cat. Leather power seats, power everything. 4 brand new skyjacker shocks.

Make me an offer on what you want. If I dont get decent offers I am going to strip off what I want of it and junk it to the point nobody would want it and take it back to the junk yard.

Don't get rid of it!. That sounds like every xj that I've ever seen ,but I sounds like it's fixable with a few hundred bucks. They are fun to 4wheel specially when u go camping.

do you still have this up? ill either buy the whole thing from you or if you are parting i would like the transfer case... and what size are the tires? let me know, i am at ramstein too..

Last activity: 10-27-2009

I think it's dead, jim :(

Back