• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to FT Stewart

chucknes

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,

i have been a member for a bit now, though a little inactive as i have been in germany. i am moving to FT Stewart in january though, and wanted to get hooked up with you all before hand and see whats up. i leave germany in early December, and should report to Stewart in early January. i may be in the market for a new XJ or MJ by that time if the one i have wont ship, so if there is one out there let me know. any how, just thought i would drop a line...

-chuck

Welcome. I don't know how it is over there now; but when we came back from deployment and went from the German culture back to the American, it was a serious shock. When we left, you paid mostly in cash; when we came back, they had debit swiper machines.

At any rate, we'll see you when you plant your feet on the best soil in the world. :us:

welcome down to the land of the south. beware of crazy drivers!

welcome down to the land of the south. beware of crazy drivers!

i have lived in the south before! though i am a Yankee, i know the south really well. i am verry much looking forward to comeing back to the states!

are you the same as the lady wolf on Military Jeepers?

hope to see yall soon!

-chuck

Welcome back home. Our playground is yours sir.

i have lived in the south before! though i am a Yankee, i know the south really well. i am verry much looking forward to comeing back to the states!

are you the same as the lady wolf on Military Jeepers?

hope to see yall soon!

-chuck

i am the same ladywolf as on MJ. I just dont post on there a whole lot. theres a bunch of folks in the savannah area on there, so you should be good. theres way less of us over here on the benning side. the SE chapter is a good bunch of folks.

p.s.....i'm a yank as well......if you can count someone from BFE in eastern WA as a yankee? (i dont)

Chuck, you need to get Chris and Eric and down this way too, like an old Deutschland reunion.....

Later man, ~ James

not likely, though it would be fun! kris picked up a tj for like 500 from some old full bird colonel! i think he is lifting it this weekend. eric i think is headed to carson, not sure though. but i sure cant wait to start tearin it up down there with yall!

check ya later man!
-chuck

i was in deutchland.....from 02-04 (most of which was spent touring baghdad)

You guys got it wrong... you are Damn Yankies! :shhh: WB and hopefully we can get together soem time!

sorry bro, i guess i forgot the prefix "DAMN" please forgive! i am only half Damn yankee though, as half of my family is from south of the mason dixon line. but its all good, i cant wait to get back on american soil, and play in it!

sorry bro, i guess i forgot the prefix "DAMN" please forgive! i am only half Damn yankee though, as half of my family is from south of the mason dixon line. but its all good, i cant wait to get back on american soil, and play in it!

No worries just ribbin you guys! TY and WB!

Ya know what the difference is between a Yankee and a Damn Yankee??

A Damn Yankee is the one who came to the South...and didn't leave:moon:
That's me:D

Chuck's alright for a nothern boy... I dont hold it against my wife for being a Yank, so I wont hold it against him.

Chuck, check on the ATL craigslist for an XJ. I can be your liason guy if you need me to go look at something or buy something before you get down here. Just let me know man, there are tons of XJ's around here. Shouldnt be a problem finding you something,

Why wont to the two door you have now make it back over? The only thing you need to do is clean all of the oil and dirt off the bottom, and make sure the parking brake works. Thats really it, they like em REALLY clean. You just looking to start with something fresh?

~James

well, right now, its all about getting it clean, and getting the parking brake up to snuff. i do want to start fresh when i get there regardless as i now have a plethora of really cool parts, and my jeep has a plethora of hidden cancer! coming down south gives me the chance to start with less rust! i am looking at an 87 in pittsburg right now that has a 44 rear, and is in real nice shape for its age, i might pick it up and drive it down, but i am really open to anything that will give me a good start when i get there. I HATE RUST! if i can get the 2 door on the boat it will just serve as a carrier for my parts... i will keep checking things out and we will be i touch! thanks bro...
-chuck

Back