• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 4wd, RE3.5" aw4, d44 AA Sye D/S length?

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
i know this has probably been nearly covered a million times, but i bought a AA sye kit with a driveshaft, NO FREAKIN clue when ima get to installing it..
problem is, they wait to ship the driveshaft untill you install the SYE and get a length...
i am NOT interested in having the jeep down for 2-3 days... I HAVENT had 2-3 days off work in weeks! why does the jeep get a break?

the jeep is currently at 3" of AAL lift, but will soon be going to 3.5 re leaf packs.

so anyways, if anyone can help me out with lengths for the cv shaft, that'd be AMAZING!

You can probably get away with driving it FWD minus the rear DS for a few days. It'll act funny but it's doable.

I drove for over 500 miles in front wheel drive breaking in gears, its not a problem.

ive heard that, but resisted!

guess its not as bad as i thought.
i ruined a prior AW4 going around the block without a rear driveshaft (or yoke), but i know the sye wont leak the same way...

guess i was also procrastinating (front is 3.55 gears, that wont be fun, as i like my 4.56-31's)

thanks for the replys gentlemen, i guess i'll aim my install for carpool days, worst comes to worse, drive it in FWD.

Back