• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Addressing the sway bar @ 3" on a budget

X-defector

NAXJA Forum User
So now I've got the 3" shackle and spacer boost on, and almost everything is peachy.

I do need to address the sway bar - i.e., get longer links or quick discos. A drop bracket won't cut it since I have the front skid. And quite importantly, I need to do it on a budget - I'd like to keep it at or below $50.

Problem is there isn't much out there. Quick discos are too expensive except for the RC units, made for 4-6" of lift. Warrior makes some affordable links but I hear they are pretty maxed @ 3". I could always do the coupler/bolt trick to add a few inches, but those always seem to break the factory end links because they are weak anyway. Any other suggestions for addressing this?

Thanks,
-B

Stock sway bar links will run you $20 shipped from any number of locations (I use rockauto personally.) Buy a set of those, cut them in half in the middle, get some 3/8 (I think it's 3/8, measure the diameter to make sure) steel round stock at Lowes, and have someone weld long enough pieces into them to line up. Shouldn't total more than $25-30 unless you have to pay the welder.

If you don't want disconnects, you have a couple cheap options. Can you weld? I've extended the rear TJ and front XJ links with a couple of pipe sections from the hardware store. Also, you can fab or buy some brackets that drops the whole sway bar: Drop Brackets.

swaybarlinks003vb2.jpg

Thats exactly what I did,been running them almost 10yrs!
66740020.JPG

Is it always necessary to address the antiroll bar links, even with mild lift? I just have a 2" urethane spacer over my springs, and my Jeep seems to pop and groan like the bar binding and contacting the springs. Is this normal with just 2" or did I put something together wrong?

Is it always necessary to address the antiroll bar links, even with mild lift? I just have a 2" urethane spacer over my springs, and my Jeep seems to pop and groan like the bar binding and contacting the springs. Is this normal with just 2" or did I put something together wrong?

Mine doesn't do that. I have spacers up front right now. I have a set of JKS discos but they aren't installed!

Back