• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Offroad Camera equip storage question.

My D300 and lens seem to fit perfect between the seat and the door sil with the lens facing back, but if i was going anywhere where it could possibly get wet it will be in the camera bag. I might get another big quickfist to secure it more.

Depends on the camera ;)

My big camera (Currently Canon Rebel XTi) is usually in it's bag in the passenger footwell if nobody is there and the trail isn't too nasty or lashed to the folded up rear seat bottom if I have a passenger or the trail is technical. I usually have my point and shoot (Canon PowerShot A560) in my console box or a jacket pocket if it's niply out.

Of course I almost never actually take pictures, these days I'm usually too busy driving, spotting, etc. I keep telling myself that I'll take more pictures out wheeling especially on the more expidition stuff... We'll see.

If it isn't in my wife's lap, I keep it and the other body and lenses in a Pelican case in the back. Watertight, military grade case. Lockable and heavy. It takes care of stuff nicely.

Using a Nikon D300s w/ the 18-200 VR II
When riding alone: In it´s bag, hang around the passenger seats headrest.
When not riding alone: In it´s bag, behind the center console, jammed inbetween the fridge and a small pelicase.
When leaving the vehicle: In it´s bag, around my neck.

Back