• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

85 model A/C Selector Switch

OlTanNBrown

NAXJA Forum User
The mechanic states I need a new A/C selector switch. Mine appears in excellent condition, but he states the only reason the fan does not blow at all (no speed) is the selector has gone out. We have been unable to locate a new one. All the choices found at salvage yards thus far have been in much, much worse condition that mine (cracked, broken corroded, dented, faded, etc.)& we really don't know if even they will work. He cannot rebuild the diode like I did years ago because the fan does not blow at all. We wanted to just install an after market high quality rheostat like switch or even a toggle in one of the knockouts, but decided that would not work either. Any way to rebuild/repair the selector switch itself or any sources on new parts for this, maybe even a whole jeep for parts I don't know. This thing still runs reel good & I hate to part with it other than to give it to one of my sons who really likes it too.

Is it possible to pull & repair the selector itself, make it good anotherwords without actually replacing it. Mine is in extremely good condition, but apparently it no longer works. They do not appear that complicated. However, finding a replacement has been difficult as only the 85 & some 86's as I understand are compatable with this one & all of the salvage yard selectors we have seen so far are in much worse condition than mine. Of course cannot seem to locate a new one with any dealers or suppliers.

Back