• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loud POP noise.

Shred Bro Gnar Rad

NAXJA Forum User
hey so ive searched and checked and replaced and checked and its still here...

i have a 1990 XJ
4.5in RC lift kit

the shocks i am replacing with bilsteins here soon, and i just replaced the tie rod ends and about to replace the drag link ends as well..
i have the Rustys HD tie rod kit.

i am currently in FWD lol due to my rear driveshaft u joint breaking on me and i dont drive it to much now....

but when i reverse and turn the steering, and stop, it makes a horribly loud POP noise. just 1 pop not multiple....

just wondering if any of yall have had this issue..

i almost wanna say it might be comming from my upper control arms, but im not sure.

i am ordering the Clayon long arm kit next week but for now i am just wanting to know if anyone has any knowledge on what that pop can be...

thanks!

My control arms do the exact same thing. They are adjustable and the jam nut works its way loose and then binds up. The long arm kit should make it go away.

I had that issue with the lower control arm bolts not able to be tightened enough. It turned out the steel sleeve in the center of the bushings was crushing and so it could never get tight enough.

Back