• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA question

88manche

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone local know where to find air fittings to go over the original ports (in & out) on the stock A/C compressor to neck down to the smaller fittings?

i welded steel pipe fittings on to mine but if i had it to do again i would flare the existing metal tubes and use the stock connections. flaring is easy and once its done you can find adapters from anything to everything else.

go to parker fluid connections and have lines made up that go from ac fittings to npt sizes. bring in your old lines for the exact size. Spendy but if you know anyone who has a account there it cuts the price in half. It cost me about 40 bucks but it was definitly worth it, the line they used is rated for super high heat and lets a lot of heat out as well which is great for not bursting the rest of my lines. Also while your there buy a one way valve. Well worth its money!

When i did my conversion, I went to Mclendon's hardware and just got some brass fittings. It works like a champ. I used brass adaptors to connect to 3/8" brass nipples, which connect to my OBA intake filter hose and my output air hose that runs to my tank and regulator.

I found that one of the fittings on the compressor is standard sized and one of them is not, I went to the u pull it and got a matching fitting off another compressor that was standard sized and put it on the compressor in place of the other fitting. Ace hardware has a lot of brass fittings to do this conversion.

I just used barbed fittings and hose clamps after cutting the original rubber lines to the lengths I wanted. On the bigger hose, I just clamped it to a threaded brass fitting coming out of the pre-oiler, since that side is unpressurized.

I just used barbed fittings and hose clamps after cutting the original rubber lines to the lengths I wanted. On the bigger hose, I just clamped it to a threaded brass fitting coming out of the pre-oiler, since that side is unpressurized.

i did almost the same thing. If you run a 1 way valve and a safety "pop Off" then the barbed fittings wont be an issue anyway.

i did almost the same thing. If you run a 1 way valve and a safety "pop Off" then the barbed fittings wont be an issue anyway.

Yeah, picked up a 1/4 NPT one-way at Grainger for $12 and a 125 psi pop-off from Lowe's, installed it just after the pump fitting on the "blow" (pressure) line. My pressure seeps a little at the seperator lid gasket, otherwise it seals up fine.

Which side is in and which side is out?

I went and got AC lines the other day, now i just need the oiler, air/water seperator, check valve, pop off, and lines. Then i need to mount my tank.

Agreed with the custom hoses. They're gonna cost ya though! And be VERY CAREFUL! I overtightened the fittings and ripped the ports off. The housing is made of REALLY cheap pot metal. Watchout!

Back