• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel bearings? ball joints? what?

allybeehee

NAXJA Forum User
when im going about 55, and i slow down, it pulls to the right and shakes really bad. i just had an alignment so that cant be it. and ive been hearing some clunking too..like its coming from the rear. when i hit speedbumps thats a different story..eww.

Let's see here. When you're slowing down? So that would be when the brakes are applied, right? Hmm.. what could cause that in the brake system. Maybe.. warped rotors?

shaking when stopping is warped rotor like jjacobs said. If it is pulling to the right i would also suspect a stuck caliper which would have cause the rotor to warp in the first place.

okay. sweet. . . . but about the clunking...??? today i hit a bump and it sounded like something on the left rear was knocked loose

Maybe bad leaf bushings, or a bad shock. Mine have been doing it for a while, I finally got some new bushings on the way.

Any decent alignment shop would make note about anything loose up front in your steering/suspension system prior to doing an alignment to your Jeep. If there is anything loose, it is not possible to do a correct alignment.. they can however get it close if it was way off for some reason.

The warped rotors.. if this happened after getting your alignment, I'd be suspicious about the shop not properly torquing your wheel lugs ? Over tighting your lug nuts can cause rotors to warp.

Back