• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smittybuilt winch

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
so the other day i had to go pull a buddy out the mud. when i go to pull him in the winch doesnt work and clicks and shut off my jeep.
when i get home to check all my wiring it all seems fine. pulled the wiring and wired it to a battery. all it does is click.

the switch is fine. i checked it the wiring is fine. is it the soliniod?
the winch is hardly 8-9 months old.

so the other day i had to go pull a buddy out the mud. when i go to pull him in the winch doesn't work and clicks and shut off my jeep.
when i get home to check all my wiring it all seems fine. pulled the wiring and wired it to a battery. all it does is click.

the switch is fine. i checked it the wiring is fine. is it the solenoid?
the winch is hardly 8-9 months old.

Have you tried taking the solenoid cover off and jumping the wires? Try tapping the solenoid to, worth a shot

I think the smittybuilt has an integrated single solenoid. I would call the vendor and check with them. Seems like the early ones had LOTS of solenoid problems.

I think the smittybuilt has an integrated single solenoid. I would call the vendor and check with them. Seems like the early ones had LOTS of solenoid problems.

x2
The earlier ones do have there share of problems, who ever you bought it from should take care of it for you just give them a call like joe_peters said.

i called 4wheel parts. they are going to order me a new soleniod to swap my old one.
hope it works ii got it march 7 is what the guy told me.

i called 4wheel parts. they are going to order me a new soleniod to swap my old one.
hope it works ii got it march 7 is what the guy told me.

I am will to bet it will fix your problem, we don't really ask questions anymore we just order a new solenoid. I have not seen any issues with the new ones so good luck I hope it works.

Back