• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Leaf Part #

Skits

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99 with what I think is the factory tow package - 2" receiver, tranny cooler, brake / turn signal relays behind the spare. My rear leaves are shot, I have maybe 3" of uptravel before the bumpstops, and I'd like to replace the springs with something a bit softer.

Stamped on the springs is "RPN706AB 1808" Does anyone know the rate of these things, and what stock replacements might have a little less rate? I don't tow anything other than a lightly loaded utility trailer to Lowe's twice a year, and I'm tired of getting jarred constantly.

I've even considered going the OME 2" lift route after hearing everyone talk about the ride, but muddy pastures is about all my jeep sees so the lift would be mostly for looks. Is OME more comfortable than stock?

OME will be a lot better than stock, and since it gives you some lift.. a little sag wont be noticed when it happens.

Back