• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run a Skyjacker Tie Rod?

flyingbrick

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna buy one off craigslist as a tie over upgrade till i get a Wj setup, but i run an 87 d30 and i think there are clearance issues, could anyone let me know where they might be?

I'm running a HD skyjacker tie rod after my grand cherokee upgrade tie rod got pretzled this summer, so far it's strong as hell and i have no clearance issues with mine.

The ZJ drag link will be an upgrade for the older XJ's (1984-1990) with the smaller tie rod end on the drag link (only 20mm). The newer XJ's (1991+) along with the ZJ's have the larger 22mm tie rod end so no need to swap drag links here.

Thats what I was looking for, you will have to get a 1991+ drag link to run the skyjacker tie rod because of the diffrent tie rod end sizes on the drag link end.

oh ok cool, it comes with a 99Tj drag link so perfect...
it will still bolt to my pitman arm though right?

EDIT: Looking at the napa tie rod end descriptions they have the same taper and size so i'm guessing they'll fit.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Back