• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Johny joint shackles?

Ritter4.0

NAXJA Forum User
I just saw the thread about Iron Man's adjustable shackles. From the looks of them, they are basically really short upper control arms. So why not put a Johny joint on the body side of the shackle? It "should" add a lot of flex, but may require a rear sway bar, and have a rougher ride due to the lack of a second bushing. Could it be a cheaper alternative to Teraflex Revolver Shackles? Or more importantly, is it practical?

I have no intention of trying to make these. I also know that many people dont like revolver shackles.

i've seen a setup like this on a scrambler that was really interesting. it was done on all four corners and I believe both ends.

I'd imagine that it would probably work pretty well. aside from drawbacks you already mentioned.

You can do it on the spring "eyes" but not the body side of the shackle(unless you run a rear trackbar)!

I dont plan on making them. Just wondering if they would work.

I dont know how to post links on my iPod, but it is the most recent thread about adjustable shackles. They are black with blue bushings

Back