• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft Length

ausi02

NAXJA Forum User
I have been running 4.5 (really more like 5.5) inches of lift now for about 2 years. I have been getting away with a t-case drop but the vibes are getting more noticeable. this is because I regeared to 4.56 and the shaft is now spinning much faster.

My question is what driveshaft length are people running with a Dana 44 and ax15 transmission. Or maybe a more appropriate question is by how much does the mounting distance change on the t-case (then I can make my own measurements).
Also I am thinking of buying a driveshaft from these guys
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-WRANGLER-CHEROKEE-CV-DRIVESHAFT-XJ-CJ-YJ-TJ-

Do they have a good reputation (nevada guys chime in possibly)? if not I will go with a local shop.

Hey just a money saving tip. Try using a front drive shaft with a standard sye kit it should save you a good bit of coin. With a dana 44 a front shaft should be really close to the same length. I used a front from a xj with a 4.0, aw4, and a 231. Worked perfect. Payed 5 bucks from a u pull it junk yard.

Hey just a money saving tip. Try using a front drive shaft with a standard sye kit it should save you a good bit of coin. With a dana 44 a front shaft should be really close to the same length. I used a front from a xj with a 4.0, aw4, and a 231. Worked perfect. Payed 5 bucks from a u pull it junk yard.

The shaft wont be even close to long enough because I have an ax15 and its considerably shorter. Any one know the change in mounting distance of and HD SYE?

Back