• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got new XJ!!! WOO-HOO!!!

mopar440

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a '94 XJ Sport last night, 4.0, Auto, NP242, 30/35, LSD in rear... nice shape, everything works, no funky noises and runs GREAT for 1000 bucks! Just put new tires on 'er, 31 inch off-brand AT's... gonna head up to TSF tomorrow to pop her cherry! Will prolly do the budget 3" lift to it Sunday (V-8 Grand front coils/shocks, rear S-10 main AAL/'manche shocks)... I'm so stoked!:eeks1:

Been driving the Pumpkin for a couple months... fun, but hella spendy @ 9MPG!!!

Anybody up for a day trip to TSF tomorrow? Last minute, I know, but, hey... I wanna go PLAY!!! Been awhile... Nothing crazy... Archer's, Cedar Tree, maybe Hogsback... will be @ Roger's around 9ish...:laugh3:

Got yur MSG Keith. that sucks about the TJ, but i'm very happy to hear you've again joined the ranks of the elite ha ha.

post up some pics so we can see the damn thing !

Here ya go, Rod!:cheers:

TheXJ.jpg

More to come...

Let's just say the TJ is no longer in my arsenal... long story...

Wish I would have seen this last night not at 9 40 today I would have gone.

What about that long story? I like stories just not bad ones,Were there jeeps hurt in this one?

Grats on the new ride :)

Wish I would have seen this last night not at 9 40 today I would have gone.

What about that long story? I like stories just not bad ones,Were there jeeps hurt in this one?

No Jeeps were hurt in the making of this thread...

Shakedown run went off without a hitch... Cedar Tree, top end of FB5, Hogsback and Archer's, no worries... if it wasn't so crappy out today, I'd be lifting the XJ... but will wait 'till rain goes away! Few things need to be tightened/inspected after 'wheeling today... possible front control arm/trackbar bushing wear/looseness... no biggie... climbed like a goat, LSD works great, engine is strong... had to get used to no clutch! Kept grabbing for shifter all day long!:laugh:

Was a TON of Sammies up there... counted two groups of at least a dozen, first group @ Crushers, where there was no shortage of carnage... Birfields and driveline yolks seemed to be the breakage of the day... was fun to watch! Almost got shrapnelled a couple times, but thanks to my cat-like reflexes, no damage done! Second group was up above Waterfall... just missed them playing on Waterfall, but shit happens, right? Saw l;ots of evidence of breakage there, too! Oil slicks 'a plenty!

All in all, was a good day... Jeep performed better than expected, and had fun!

Shakedown run went off without a hitch... Cedar Tree, top end of FB5, Hogsback and Archer's, no worries... if it wasn't so crappy out today, I'd be lifting the XJ... but will wait 'till rain goes away! Few things need to be tightened/inspected after 'wheeling today... possible front control arm/trackbar bushing wear/looseness... no biggie... climbed like a goat, LSD works great, engine is strong... had to get used to no clutch! Kept grabbing for shifter all day long!:laugh:

Was a TON of Sammies up there... counted two groups of at least a dozen, first group @ Crushers, where there was no shortage of carnage... Birfields and driveline yolks seemed to be the breakage of the day... was fun to watch! Almost got shrapnelled a couple times, but thanks to my cat-like reflexes, no damage done! Second group was up above Waterfall... just missed them playing on Waterfall, but shit happens, right? Saw l;ots of evidence of breakage there, too! Oil slicks 'a plenty!

All in all, was a good day... Jeep performed better than expected, and had fun!
The stock track bars don't last very long when wheeled. The upper joint on mine always seemed to develop slop after a few good wheeling trips. I think I burned through three of them in four years.

I would highly recommend the Aussie front. Even on 31's it will be a huge performance gain. Then take your time in finding a good rear axle in the mean time. Also I would suggest looking into some rock sliders. I really hate seeing clean rockers getting thrashed.

This weekend was Powerfest 09'. Which is the Suzuki guys' annual run.

Back