• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustment sequence after lifting?

I guess I would do track bar, caster, toe. Are you using adj control arms or shims for the caster?

I agree with Joe. Set your axle center, caster before toe, then steering wheel.

Thats my method anyway. Adjusting caster or axle center after toe could change it.

I thought about getting the drag link and toe roughed first since this would get the load evened which seems important to setting the track bar center. Also if the drag link and track bar need to be perfectly parallel I can adjust the track bar according to drag link easier than the other way around.

So I was thinking basically drag link, toe, track bar, caster, drag link, toe

Also I think I will do this with the bottle jack under the center of the axle isnce it will unload the steering parts

Also if the drag link and track bar need to be perfectly parallel I can adjust the track bar according to drag link

Getting the DL and the TB perfectly parallel has nothing to do w/ the alignment.
It only applys when you change the steering geometry by adding a drop pitman arm, otk steering, over the axle trak bar bracket and so on.
Track bar, caster, toe. Then fine tune the drag link.

Also if the drag link and track bar need to be perfectly parallel I can adjust the track bar according to drag link easier than the other way around.

I took a look at your Beater thread, your looking good with the trackbar and draglink angles being parallel. They may be off just a tad, which shouldnt result in any signifigant bumpsteer.

Back