• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

L.E.D. wiring

3fifty

NAXJA Forum User
How do I get my 3 way L.E.D's to work?

I bought a trailer harness converter from NAPA. 5 wires on vehicle side, 4 wires on L.E.D. side.

Item#: BK 7551086
Attributes:
Application:Allows Vehicle w/ Separate Stop & Turn Signals to Tow Trailer w/ Conventional Combined Lamps
Product Features:For Repairing Damaged Taillight Converters
Wire Configuration:4-Wires to Car Side & 3-Wires to Trailer Side
Installation Type:4-Wires Spliced Into Vehicle's Stop
Tail & Turn Signal Wires
3-Wires Spliced Into Trailer Connector Per Instruction
Additional Contents:Electronic Tail Lamp Converter

Hooked it up, everything works great. Except the brake lights.

Everything is wired correctly. What gives?

Hopefully you didnt cut up the NAPA harness too much and can still return it. You shouldnt need to change anything in your steering column.

Regardless, return the Napa one and pick up one of these: http://www.towready.com/product/details.asp?ProdID=119130&cat=1545

Dont ask me why the Napa ones wont work, but the towready one is the only one that will work for this applicaiton. I found the cheapest place that had them was ebay so you might want to look there first.

Follow the diagram for the towready converter and you shouldnt have any issues. You'll probably have to replace your turn signal flasher relay with an electronic one as well as I think most XJ's have a thermal type.

Back