• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 xj heater not blowing hot

blaker_99

NAXJA Forum User
After doing a bit of research on heater problems i decided to give the two hoses going into my heater core a touch to see if they were both the same temperature. The top on was hot the touch maybe could hold into it for 8-10 seconds and the bottom one was warm but not as hot as the top i could hold this one for as long as i wanted. Does this mean i need to flush my heater core? I did test the two hoses with the heater on at speed 2 on the fan dial. it's really starting to get cold and i wouldn't mind resolving the problem before its freezing out. thanks a lot.

Well, on the later XJs the coolant control valve was eliminated, and that tends to prevent the heater core plugging up when it is not used throughout the summer--your XJ has coolant flowing through the heater core at all times.

I would suspect that the infamous blend door problem has bit you.

Do a search on "blend door".

Does the temp control knob make any difference? If not, it even more indicates that the blend door may be broken. You would need to remove the blend door actuator motor and see what it feels like when you try to move the door manually. A repair kit and further things to check are available on ebay.

Back