• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 7/16" = 36mm ???

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
Doing front hubs and ujoints, is the above (12 pt.) equivalent?

thanks,

That would come out to 36.5125.

Personally I'd just spring for a good six point 36MM socket. Particularly since you're out East where rust is a concern. You do NOT want to round that nut.

I never balk at the opportunity to add tools to my box,

thanks...

A 1-7/16" is not a problem,cheaper and easier to find.Im a ex-vw shop owner and never owned a 36MM.Were talking 10,000's of motor(flywheel nut) and axle repairs(axle nut)

I think I bought that socket about twenty-five years ago when I was a mechanics' helper, and now that I think of it, I think it was to pull beetle motors or something like that. Not that I ever got to use it, lotta Snap-on stuff I'm finding buried in the garage..

Will consider that, thanks too...

advanced auto has them in stock.

Just to clarify.

I don't think using the standard socket would be all that bad if it were a six point socket, I would just be reserved about using the twelve point socket since it does have about a half milimeter slop to it.

Yeah, back then I bought alot of 12 pt., don't think there's an Advanced Auto here on LI, there's a Sear hardware down the street where I work.

Probably would have gone with what I have, had it been 6 pt. Like I said, I never say no to a new tool :laugh3:

Thanks for the replies, appreciated much...

I got my 36mm at NAPA. JIM.

I had to take of the flywheel on a spare rotary engine I had and I think it was like 1 3/4" so I went over to Harbor Freight and bought the big set of sockets (was like 50 bucks) used it and returned it.... I know im a bad person but I figured I'd pay them back for all there shit that don't work....

Back