• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Code 27, Injector 4 or bank output stage doesnt respond properly ???? help!!!!!!!!!!

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
Help what the heck is that ENGINE LIGHT MEAN

Scanner says

27 Injector #4 or bank output stage does not respond properly?

1995 xj se 4.0 automatic 4X4

Injectors are bosch refurbished about 5,000 miles old or so from when i installed them last year

Checked fuel pressure and is perfect everyday with and without vacuum line connected

bad injector? bad injector o-ring seal? bad wiring harness? bad ecu board?

Start at the ECU, pull, clean, and use dielectric grease on all connections. Check the harness where the wires from the fuel injectors join into the main harness, near the firewall, there have been reports of loose wires in that area.

I have lots of tech stuff but not good with it.

How do i check the harness or the injector with a meter. Some guys think the harness is cut somewhere.

I have already put di-electric grease on every injector clip and every electrical clip for that matter to insure connections are good all throughout under the hook. this weekend i am pulling ecu and cleaning it and go from there.

ALso the injectors have 3000 miles on them you really think one is bad.

Ok. The code is talking about the circuit/control.

You haven't mentioned how the engine is running? Does the idle seem rough? Just for grins and giggles grab a NOID light at Vatozone for $3 and see if you are getting a signal to all of your injectors.

Your CPS/CMP--cam position sensor in the distributor sends a signal to the ECU/PCM so that the injector firing can be synchronized, along with input from the CPS/CKP crank position sensor which is telling the ECU/PCM about the position of the crank and how fast it is moving.

Now, you have the injectors and they have a piece of the harness connected to each one. If you follow those pieces of the injection harness towards the firewall you will see that they all come together into another, larger section of the harness. You should also be able to see where the piece of the harness from the distributor joins in. Right in that area there have been reports of bad splices/wires coming apart. Pretty much from there the harness continues on to the ECU/PCM.

Your problem could be the sensor in the distributor, the harness, numerous connectors, the ECU/PCM itself, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

I would get the NOID light and confirm the injectors are all firing. If one is not, then you know which wires to follow.

Back