• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bridgestone/Firestone MT tires?

bigoltrux77

NAXJA Forum User
I was at Tirerack.com reading all the feedback about their mud tires they offer and i was curious. Their number one tire is Firestone Destination MT and number two is Bridgestone Dueler MT. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about these tires? They get a 9.5 in dry and wet traction and a 9.? in snow. Also a very high rating in road noise and treadware. They rank BFG MT's at like number 5 and MTR's at number 4 i think. Any opinions? Im looking for a tire that is good on road and offroad and in snowy conditions with great wet traction and treadware. I really want a mud tire. Also, can i run 33's with a 4.5" kit and no trimming? I wont be flexing it very much at all, just worried about turning, Thanks alot.

I bought my Kuhmo Ventures off of tire rack, check out the prices.....they rule in mud, wet pavement is great, and snow hasnt come yet, but I think they'll do well...

A buddy of mine was running the Duelers and they seemed to work alright until one of them blew out running on a dirt road....sharp rock destroyed the tire.....

I'm running Duelers on my stock XJ and they seem to go everywhere I want to. It is my everyday drive and weekend hobby, which takes me over moderate midwest trails of mud, water and some rocks.

I'm quite happy with them.

I have the Firestone Destination MT's. This is my first of mud tires so I don't have anything to compare them with other then the Dueler AT's that they replaced.
They have a load range of "D" with three ply sidewalls, rim guard and side lugs. Compared to AT's, I've never had so much traction in mud, rock and dirt. They do slide a bit on wet pavement but I'm not sure how this compares to other mud tires. Haven't driven them in snow and ice yet but judging by the wet pavement performance I doubt they do as well as the AT's in that situation. They howl at around 40 MPH but are quiet at highway speeds. I like them and wish I had gone to muds long ago. I have about 3000 miles on them and would buy these again if they wear well.

I just bought new 31x10.50 Destination MTs the first week of August and I absolutely love them! I have a 97 Sport with the Up Country Suspension and NO other lift! They do rub the rear quarters some but it sounds a lot worse than it actually is. I put 3500 miles on them in the first 2 weeks with most of the miles interstate miles. I ran them off road in the Colorado Springs area on trails marked "difficult" on the maps, and they never disapointed me. The aggressive sidewall lugs bite HARD, and the rim protector feature gave me a lot of extra confidence in the rocks. I drove my xj up rocks that had water running down them and they stuck like glue. They totally KILL my BFG ATs. I would have never dared go where we did in my stock cherokee without those tires.

I am putting an identical set on my 91xj when I get it completed.

raceready said:
I just bought new 31x10.50 Destination MTs the first week of August and I absolutely love them! I have a 97 Sport with the Up Country Suspension and NO other lift!

Do you have any pics you can post... I'd like to see how those tires look with such a small lift! If you can't post 'em, can you email 'em to me? Thanks!!!

Back