• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new lugs for new shoes

ChevelleSSLS6

NAXJA Forum User
I got 31x10.50s (BFG A/T) for my XJ on M/T wheels... ugly crappy stock lugnuts are on their way out. I want something more durable than generic autozone crap...

has anyone tried these?
lets get nutty
mr_peanut_whbg.jpg

someone please see the humor.
mr+peanut+gag.jpg

thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
I've been considering a full set of Gorilla lugs myself. I've had the same set of Gorilla locking lug nuts for over ten years now and they have held up great and are still rust free. Granted, I live in California so rust isn't a huge issue here...

I've been considering a full set of Gorilla lugs myself. I've had the same set of Gorilla locking lug nuts for over ten years now and they have held up great and are still rust free. Granted, I live in California so rust isn't a huge issue here...

yea MI is the salt belt. Wrenching on rusted stuck bolts is NO fun! Wish they didn't use that crap on the roads... anyway... back on topic...:sunshine:

I have run McGard wheel locks for years (1979). Good product.

mcgard's can be found at any parts store... 2 observations.
1) wheel locks suck balls, and WILL fail on you... theifs can get em off easier WITHOUT the key!
2) the chrome plating also sucks balls, i too live in california, and my chrome is flaking after 1, maybe 1.5 years.

I picked up the one piece mcgards and they have been good for 3 plus years already. It's nice not having to worry about twisting the crappy covers off. I also have mcgard wheel locks on my new ride but they are mopar/mcgard and they came with the ride. I may take them off and put 3 on the spare as a joke

I've bought the "Gorilla Nuts" from Summit a couple of times. Very good stuff and you can get them in black chrome if you wish.

Back