• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taking out ax15 for aw4...

recycledxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 cherokee with a ax15 that is close to showing me its insides on the side of the road.

My question is about the wiring, I know how to bolt everything up and I know how to make the aw4 a full manual trans with simple wiring....

But would it be easy to make the jeep do the wiring, are should I save for a used ax15. I would to have this done because I have 3 aw4's in my garage...

Make the Jeep do the wiring? That's a new one. :) I wish vehicles could rewire themselves.

I went to the junkyard and cut a TCU harness out of a donor. A lot of the wires are pretty integrated with the main engine harness, so it's not just a simple remove some connectors type job. If I remember right there were about 9 different wires that had to be hooked up to make it all work right, and you'll likely need the dual-row tps. I KNOW you do on a Renix, on the 94 it might be a single row tps that shares the signal with both modules. A factory wiring diagram will be your friend here.

Back