• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHAT IS THIS?

TRANTHAM

NAXJA Forum User
On the exhaust manifold for 84-90 xj's what is this hole for and what do I do with it when I put my AEM cold air intake on? The tube that goes to the filter box is already broken and just hangs there, so I want/ mostlikely need to fix it.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/i...uadratec.com/Assets/Images/52233/52233-lg.jpg

image_zoom.php

Sounds like you are talking about the heat stove--that add-on sheet metal piece hanging between cyl. 2 and 3--that is for the duct to take warm air to the air box and is left off in a cold air intake upgrade. The actual two holes further down one is for the o2 sensor, and the other is for the EGR.

Just remove the tube and do the intake. The thingie on the exhaust can just stay there until you get an aftermarket header. I think you'd have to cut it to get it off anyway.

Back