• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naches not accessable 410 closed.

damn, my grandma lives up there, i guess i should call and see if she's alright

Let's adopt that for our trail. Do you realize the amount of funding for us to build a trail and make the road more accessible for the mountain dwellers? Lolz!!!

:gag:

the mountain dwellers have dealt with this before. they'll be alright.

The town of Naches ,you have to go White Pass. But the Naches Trail from this end thats a go then go play the Little Naches area and come back by trail or the 19 & 70 rd.

so besides white pass the only way to get to naches is over the naches trail? or is pyramid still passable

so besides white pass the only way to get to naches is over the naches trail? or is pyramid still passable

You talking about trying to get to the TOWN of Naches? or to the Little Naches recreation area? To go to Little Naches Rec. area, just go over Chinook Pass. Naches Trail, Pyramid Pass, and Chinook Pass will all put you in the same spot, this closure affects NONE of those routes.

o i see so its past the entrance to little naches orv

You might want to check with NPS or WA DOT before you try to head over Chinook Pass. My wife and I were up there last weekend and it was barricaded and a Park Ranger was stopping everyone and turning them around at the parking area east of the summit. Lots of traffic was coming up 410 westbound but they weren't letting people go down the pass eastbound. Maybe they will let you if you explain you're not trying to get through to Naches or Yakima. We had planned to go over the Naches Wagon Trail and come back via 410 but bailed out when we saw the sign outside Enumclaw saying both Chinook and Cayuse were closed. We ended up going up to the top of the pass and going for a hike. It was getting late in the afternoon and at that point I didn't know what the problem was or where so I didn't bother to ask if we could go down to the L. Naches Road. The Ranger just said it was closed due to a slide. That was an understatement!

You might want to check with NPS or WA DOT before you try to head over Chinook Pass. My wife and I were up there last weekend and it was barricaded and a Park Ranger was stopping everyone and turning them around at the parking area east of the summit. : Thanks for this info ,Darn that means I might have to do the Trail both ways or:dunno: else FS rd 70 & 19 one way..

No, 410 is open all the way over. It was closed temporarily when it happened but has been reopened. It's only closed for a 4 mile span past little naches road. You can't get around but you can get to naches.

Check the DOT site.

Back