• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Noise, Like a J Brake

swbooking

NAXJA Forum User
I have this noise coming from the Jeep i cant pin point it cause it doesnt happen at idle, only when im in gear and i put the throttle in. It sounds like i have an exhaust brake on it or something. Anyone have any ideas of what it is? i had a friend say it could be an exhaust leak or the wool packing in the muffler is deteriorated. thanks guys
-Allen

Crap i was afriad of that one. Well Looks like its time for a stroker! haha thanks guys

Anyone know of any CARB legal performance manifolds?

AlohaBra said:
The hard part is taking it out.
yeah well i figured that one, I just want to make sure i can get smogged after i swap the manifold.

Before you spend any money, check that the exhaust isn't hitting the cross member.

langer1 said:
Is there any such thing as CARB legal and Performance?
HAHA true that...
old_man said:
Before you spend any money, check that the exhaust isn't hitting the cross member.
Yeah im not positive that it is cracked but it was one of my feelings, I just dont have time to check it out but im pretty sure theres something loose as well, cause when i go on an incleine, or take of from stopped kinda fast, i feel a knocking under my feet.
RandyD71 said:
Borla Stainless header and front pipe have CARB approval. Love it on mine.
Sounds good, ill check it out.

Back