• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

URE 10/17/09

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I may be heading up there with some of the local guys to wheel the xj some. WIll know more later this week but I wanted ot give you guys a heads up. It all depends on weather or not a friedn finsihes his sami build this week. Will be a day ride for some of us and a weekend thing for others. I will get there about 9 or 10 Saturday morning and plan to be on Daniel by 10:30 if all goes well. I will not be camping but would love to meet some of you from the area. :cheers:

No one in the NC area intrested?

Would love to but i'm working until 3 on Saturday and headed straight to Raleigh after work.

Awww (&@^( wish my rig wasn't messed up right now! Getting ready for a big overhaul on my axles gunna swapp out an 8.25 and completely build a 44 from a 90 Cherokee also gunna rebuild the front while I'm at it. Re gear and Put in a hack n tap. Any leads on rebuild parts for a good price would be much appreciated. But any ways I cant make it sorry man I've got my work cut out for me.

Count as of now is, XJ, TJ or two, couple Sami's, couple YJ's and a CJ or two.
SO it could be 10 or more coming from down here!

Ghost do you have a passenger? I'd like to come meet/greet/ride with someone. I can't wheel my XJ because I don't have the front gears done yet.

Ghost do you have a passenger? I'd like to come meet/greet/ride with someone. I can't wheel my XJ because I don't have the front gears done yet.

I'm sure we wil have a seat some where. I dont think the twins will be with me. I should have a seat for you!

Awww (&@^( wish my rig wasn't messed up right now! Getting ready for a big overhaul on my axles gunna swapp out an 8.25 and completely build a 44 from a 90 Cherokee also gunna rebuild the front while I'm at it. Re gear and Put in a hack n tap. Any leads on rebuild parts for a good price would be much appreciated. But any ways I cant make it sorry man I've got my work cut out for me.

I might be able to roll up there on Saturday morning...Jim if you want to go you can ride along w/ me, considering I went in your rig last time?

No one in the NC area intrested?

Glenn, If I didnt already have a monster chicken stew/party planned at the house I'd come down.. We just finished getting my cousins buggy up and running and he's looking to test it...

So, if you're interested in a trip up this way again sometime we'll probably end up at Callalantee...

I'm sure we wil have a seat some where. I dont think the twins will be with me. I should have a seat for you!

Cool. I'll be down there around 9, and PM you my number.

Glenn, If I didnt already have a monster chicken stew/party planned at the house I'd come down.. We just finished getting my cousins buggy up and running and he's looking to test it...

So, if you're interested in a trip up this way again sometime we'll probably end up at Callalantee...

Ok. I am hoping ot hit up Callantee in Jan. or Feb. You guys up for that? I was thinking of gettng a cabin up there then. Any sugestions. You could send the cuz without you! LOL! I am assuming you are rigless since you are looking at Andy's monster!

Ok. I am hoping ot hit up Callantee in Jan. or Feb. You guys up for that? I was thinking of gettng a cabin up there then. Any sugestions. You could send the cuz without you! LOL! I am assuming you are rigless since you are looking at Andy's monster!

Yeah, I'm looking at a few rigs right now... Cant decide if I want to buy something stock and build it (wife's not looking forward to that one)... or buy something built and beat it til it breaks and fix as necessary...

I'll let Dusty know you're going to be down there and get back with you tomorrow...

Loaded the trailer tonight and ready to hook up and go in the am. Cannot wait. I have not been to URE in forever! Heading out around 8ish and should be at the outpost around 10ish!

I'm excited. Hopefully I won't be too hungover, it's a buddies birthday tonight.

Nice to meet you Nick! We need to get your gears done so you can drive! Oh wait you did sort of drive some today! LMAO! I thought I was going wheeling but ended up at the gym instead!

Lost all power steering. I never knew how much that little bit of "power" added to the steering untill it all went away. Found a stream of fluid coming from the top of the box Sunday. SO I have to move the aux. fan and see if I can see where it is coming from before I remove it and try to repair it. Did I mention I'm sore as hell!

Lost all power steering. I never knew how much that little bit of "power" added to the steering untill it all went away. Found a stream of fluid coming from the top of the box Sunday. SO I have to move the aux. fan and see if I can see where it is coming from before I remove it and try to repair it. Did I mention I'm sore as hell!

Popeye might be a more fitting name for you now.

wow. yall tore some crap up. I don't know if I can afford to wheel with you guys, because I'm the one that says "oh well if he can do that on 44's I can do that w/ my 31's no problem..." hahaha. Seemed like a solid trip though!

Back