• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another newb lift question

Jeepcrush4

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 1997 jeep Cherokee sport(auto 4x4) with a Dana 35 rear. I did all of the maintanance work to it. Now I'm finally in the process of ordering a lift. This is my daily driver so I have only the weekend to do it. I want to throw a 3" lift with the 31x10.5 tire package. Besides the obvious rear leaf springs,front coil springs,front/rear shocks,rear shackles sway bar quick disconnect. Is there anything that I need for a complete unit? Do I need extended front and rear brake lines? Do I need a kit to lower the transfer case? I'm fairly certain I don't need a SYE. It may see some dirt trails but by no means no hardcore rock crawling. Reason I'm asking is because of the mixed arguments from others in various websites. I just want a 3" kit that will bolt on and go. Thanks if anything.

First I will say that all this has been covered more times then I can count and searching goes a long way. (not trying to be rude)

To answer a few of you questions you really don't need a SYE with a 3" kit but its always nicer with one. You should get a T case drop with most all lift kits these days and a shim under both the rear springs can help as well, you can probably get away with just a T case drop. As for the extended brake lines like the SYE there nice to have but not always neccassery, the fronts you can relocate the rear are a little harder cause there short and could really use a extended brake line.

I would do the lift, T-case drop and I would do some brake lines, some lifts come with new extended brake lines like the 4.5 RE kit has new ones front and rear. If you still end up with some DL vibes then look into the shims there like $15 bucks a set.

I installed a RC 3inch lift on my 96 and didnt need a t case drop, sye, shims, or new brake lines...I have no vibs what so ever...i just reciently added an adjustable trackbar and now it drives great!

AAL's or a full spring pack?I'm in the market also,just wondering how the ride is?

I ran a 3 inch RC lift on my old 90 with their full spring packs. The ride wasnt too bad, could obviously be better seeing how RC is pretty much the cheapest lift you can get, you know what they say you get what you pay for. And on top of that I always wanted to go bigger, I would say save yourself time and money and invest in a bigger, better lift. Just my two cents.

check ebay! theres always lifts on there that are rather complete. make sure you get a rear brakeline. youre wasting your time trying to relocate it

x2

Just installed a rubicon express re6010 kit for a friend. Great kit w/ a better than expected ride quality.
Very minor trimming was needed to fully flex a set of 31" tires.
Get in touch w/ fullsizexj to order your parts (his prices are the best you will ever find on rubicon express).
Add an adjustable track bar and your in business.
I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=965497

Last edited:
Sorry for the bad phone pics, its all I got.
re6010 w/ 31's.
photo-2.jpg
photo.jpg

photo5-1.jpg
photo3.jpg

photo3-2.jpg
photo4-1.jpg

Back