• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scotts Jeep needs floors badly

themangeraaad

NAXJA Forum User
So finally getting around to my floor pan repairs (or replacement is a better word I think).. will post pics later if anyone gives a damn but they are the same as everyone else.

Couple quick questions:

Is there any chain stores that sell Por-15? (or small local store.. but unless your in south east MA those wont help me :laugh: )? I.e. a home depot, lowes, etc or is it online order only? I checked out home depot and lowes online and didnt see anything. I would like to shoot a few places with it before I weld in the new floors, though the areas I would be painting are not really rusted much (if at all) and i may just hit them with a fresh coat of rustoleum.

For repairing rust on the rockers (inner side of the rocker rusted a bit so I am patching that first).. I assume I should shoot one side of the patch steel with rustoleum and then weld it in? If not.. how would I go about painting the inner side of the patch once it is welded in?

Thanks

My replacement floors will be here tuesday.

I heard somewhere that rustoleum on the inner rocker doesn't work all that well, maybe truck bed liner on the inside.

Well, I was welding a bit, then i found out that my rockers are toast so they will be replaced anyway. Damn Jeep..

Not to mention I was welding under the Jeep for a bit and lifted my mask to get a better look at the weld... and hit my solar sensor for my auto dark helm on the LCA mount... First day of using my helm and I break it :banghead: Just went to home depot and picked up another but it was expensive and not adjustable.. I just need to get this done and cant wait a week for another internet ordered mask. Damn piss pore luck.

My replacement floors will be here tuesday.

Im beginning to hate you right now :laugh3: I debated with buying the replacements but figured that metal tools + sheet metal was cheaper and I got tools out of the deal (which is still true).. but after working for a couple days and getting ALOT less done than I expected, I am thinking OEM floorpans would have been a better option.

But damn making floor pans is a PITA. I think of the amount of time spent working in the past couple days and look at how much I have done and cry a bit inside. haha. Mind you it would probably be alot easier if I bought all the tools I thought would be helpful instead of cheaping out and buying the bare minimum.. :banghead: That sheet metal break would have saved me a ton of time/aggravation.

Is there any chain stores that sell Por-15? (or small local store.. but unless your in south east MA those wont help me :laugh: )?

Not in SE Mass but.... When I was working for what use to be "Robbins Auto parts, in NH (I worked there for 5 years). We sold it there in the paint department. I say what use to be because they got bought out and as I am in Texas know I do not know if they kept there name at all or switched to the new name. There are plenty of paint stores(automotive paint suppliers) that will have this item.

Back