• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

eaautoworks harness

I bought my kit off eBay but the packaging looks identical to the eautoworks harness - I think the eautoworks relays are 30 amp but the eBay kit had 40 amp relays for the same price so I went with that one. No problems so far.

You should get this harness:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HID-Relay-Harne...Men_s_Women_s_Accessories?hash=item45ee874125

HID Relay Harness Wiring Wire Headlight Car H4 NEW

001.jpg

tn3_2775251.jpg
tn3_2775252.jpg
tn3_2775253.jpg

Make sure special garments don't suffer from ugly wire coat hanger shapes with this pack of 5 pretty, padded baby pink satin hangers.

A must for wedding or party dresses, silk shirts and knitwear, the hangers will ensure your clothes hang straight and crease free

:huh::confused:

That Summit Racing harness is for a 4-light setup.

Hit the salvage yards. I found a Painless upgrade harness, complete, in a Ford F150, $20 bucks at the counter and it was mine.

Yes, yes, and yes, at least for the Painless. Essentially the original light harness plugs in and provides input to the relays, power for the lights from the battery through the HD relays and HD harness to the lamps.

How do these harnesses hook up? Plug in to the stock headlight connectors, then to the battery, and then to the headlights?

Essentially yes. Power is drawn from the battery through the relays and to the headlights through upgraded wiring harness. Stock wiring left in place and used simply for the switch.

I had been looking into the kit at eautoworks, and it seems to be a fairly comprehensive kit, and when it comes down to it, cheap upgrade. From what I understand they are fairly plug and play. I beleive it is fairly similar to hooking up a set of aftermarket driving lights that come with their harness, the diff being here you are just upgrading the facotry harness with the protection of the relays. You want to do this sooner than later, I am having headlight issues right now in my 98, due to the crappy wiring Jeep has in there. the harness cnnnector up at the switch is actually melting, and causing the headlights to go on and off when drinving. The kit you want to do, will resolve this issue. I now need to replace that connector, at the switch before i do the upgrade...

I've installed mine, but only on the right headlight, so I can do some comparisons.

The best surface to test against I've found so far is a crummy hedge, but it does give a good idea of the improvement. This is with Autopal headlights and original Autopal 55W bulbs. I can see a difference on the road. Whiter, brighter light.

PICT1591crop.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah I do have a complaint about the harness. The cables are too short, especially the short one (for us it goes on the right, the side with the battery). I had to extend the ground wire it by splicing in a piece of wire. I couldn't find any screw close to the headlight to ground.

Had no problems with length in the harness. Grounds just to the rad support.

Pretty happy with the Autopals and harness with the 80/100 bulbs. Only issue i have now that the high and low beam seem like they are too far apart. No aligning seems to help. I wouldnt reccomend the autopals if you dont have some kind of extra lighting for the high beams.

If you keep the lows low enough not to blind anyone and still get usuable light, the highs are too far up in the air. Hellas take care of that and the autopals throw way down the road. So it works ok.

Had no problems with length in the harness. Grounds just to the rad support.

Pretty happy with the Autopals and harness with the 80/100 bulbs. Only issue i have now that the high and low beam seem like they are too far apart. No aligning seems to help. I wouldnt reccomend the autopals if you dont have some kind of extra lighting for the high beams.

If you keep the lows low enough not to blind anyone and still get usuable light, the highs are too far up in the air. Hellas take care of that and the autopals throw way down the road. So it works ok.

The rad support? How do you get to that? Did you drill holes?

Back