• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O/T: Need to borrow a trailer

Mr.Shrek

NAXJA Forum User
Our Cub Scout pack would like to enter a float into the Nashville Christmas Parade this year and we are in need of a trailer. We have about 30-40 boys that would like to be in the parade. We have a tow vehicle, scouts/leaders will decorate the trailer, take down and clean the trailer before returning. All items attached to the trailer will be tied or affixed in a manor that will not damage, mark, or put holes in said trail. The trailer needs to be at least 16ft long due to parade regulations. If you have one that is longer that would be even better as we could then fit more scouts on the trailer. We will be following the BSA's Guidelines to Safe Scouting and there will be plenty of registered leaders on, walking with, and towing the trailer. We would need the trailer early enough in November to decorate it and the parade would be on Friday Dec. 4th. The trailer could be returned that weekend. If your interested in helping out our pack let me know. Thanks ahead of time.

i can possibly procure a 16ft tandem axle trailer from my aunt and uncle, who are former cub/boy scout leaders, and would likely be thrilled to help. i'll ask tomorrow! you need it for about a month, right?

Hey Shrek. After the flog mine will be available if you need it.

I don't want to make you feel inadequate, so I'll just say long enough.

16'

OT....so I'm not the only Cub Scout dad on here, huh? We're just getting started down here....and I think I've got a lot to learn. I didn't realize they take all that stuff very seriously....I'll need to get edjumakated:scared::cheers:

Yeah I'm in my second year as a den leader. Started out with my son as the Tiger (1st grade) Den Leader. Now this year I'm the Wolf/Tiger (2nd/1st grade) Den Leader, Fiona is now my Assistant Den Leader, and I'm also the Assistant Cubmaster. The Scouts are real good about roping in interested parents. I love it though, it is alot of fun and very rewarding. Outside of NAXJA it's the only place where how I normally act is acceptable. What level are you and your son in? Are you a leader also?

Outside of NAXJA it's the only place where how I normally act is acceptable. What level are you and your son in? Are you a leader also?

Not sure I wanna ask about your normal behavior......:scared:
We're just starting, 1st grade level...not sure what the den is called...We're just organizing a new den....unfortunately, my job doesn't allow consistent availability, so I'm not the den leader...but I'm volunteering to help in what ever way I can! I went to my first "round table" with all the leaders...cub/boy scouts....it was fun, but they are definately serious, in a good way. I can see how it is very good for the kids. I better get going to read up on my responsibilities! Later:cheers:

You are welcome to use mine as long as it is after November 20th if that works. It's a brand new featherweight (800lbs) 16' dual axle. Only thing is..........

.........it's John Deere Green. LOL!

Trailer.jpg

Back