• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have this happen.

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
Today while driving i heard some horrible noise up front so when i looked my disconect bar bolt that holds the disco to the swaybar had snapped off. Has anyone had this happen? It has never been wheeled with it connected.

mavrick said:
Today while driving i heard some horrible noise up front so when i looked my disconect bar bolt that holds the disco to the swaybar had snapped off. Has anyone had this happen? It has never been wheeled with it connected.

Yep. Happened to me on the driver's side. RE Gen II disconnects with about a year on them and never wheeled. At the time I just figured I got a bad bolt. :dunno:

I replaced the bolt and about 6 mos. later replaced the disconnects with the JKS Quicker Disconnects when I went through a bought of inchitis. :D

--mike

Happened with my JKS discos. About a month after I lifted. Check the bolts regularly & make sure they are tight. JIM.

Just happened for the second time to me this last week. I have teraflex disco on my 4.5 Rough country lift. Broken the Driver side bolt twice now. @ $15 a bolt, I would think they might last a bit. Lift is less than 1 yr old. :repair:

Back