• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loss of guages

JeepAddict85

NAXJA Forum User
While taking out the headliner, i snipped the wires running up to the dome light and to the sun visors. as i snipped them, the horn beeped. thought that was odd, but didnt think anything of it cuz the horn still works if you push it. Yesterday i drove the jeep a bit, and all my guages on the dash dont work. The back lights work, but the guages dont move....no speedo, no tach, no oil pressure, etc.

What the heck did i do? When i get home today ill be checking for blown fuses...do i need to reconnect something?

yeah those wires run up to the remote keyless entry receiver mounted inside the dome light housing, theres a little circuit board in there, thats probably what tripped the horn.

also this unplugs at the junction block where the fuse panel is located, snipping them might have caused the cluster to go out because these are also the same wires that feed into the overhead console option that reads out MPG's and Trip OD that feed off the cluster.

Ive never tried running with out it, maybe that circuit board needs to be wired up.

Brian (spawn93...i think) had a similar issue a while back when he tried to tap into one of the power wires for the overhead console to power his cb. I'm not sure how he fixed it, but if you can get in contact with him he should be able to tell you...if he ever did fix it.

yeah those wires run up to the remote keyless entry receiver mounted inside the dome light housing, theres a little circuit board in there, thats probably what tripped the horn.

also this unplugs at the junction block where the fuse panel is located, snipping them might have caused the cluster to go out because these are also the same wires that feed into the overhead console option that reads out MPG's and Trip OD that feed off the cluster.

Ive never tried running with out it, maybe that circuit board needs to be wired up.

thanks for the info man...it was just a fuse (the last one i checked)

At least it was an easy fix.

that's odd.... but glad you got it figured out man!

...of course, a custom guage pod with some auto meter guages mounted on a roll cage would look pretty cool too!

Strangely, I had the same issue like Joe said. I never did find a blown fuse, so I wound up having to wire up a toggle switch by finding which wire when connected to the power wire made the gauges come on. There is a yellow wire that is constant hot for some reason, and it will even stay on when the Jeep is off. I used it for the cb power and also used the other power wire to go to the toggle for gauge power. I will try to get a better idea tomorrow in the light since I did this quite a while back.

I hate to make new paragraphs, apparently! Haven't had the net for three weeks, I forgot how to type!

Back