• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loctite freeze & release spray effectiveness

tauber

NAXJA Forum User
So after fighting my hub for a good two hours I'm having zero luck getting it off. Anyone ever try this stuff?

Loctite® Freeze & Release shock-freezes metal parts, allowing lubricating oils to penetrate into rust layers. Available in 400 mL aerosol can, low viscosity lubricant instantly freezes seized and rusted parts to -45°F, which creates hairline cracks in rust layer as metal contracts. Cracks enable lubricating oil to penetrate by capillary action into rust layer. After 1-2 minutes, assembly can be dismantled.

http://loctitefreezeandrelease.com/

Or, loosen the bolts holding the hub then smack the bolts with a big hammer little by little the hub will come off.

I've tried the freeze spray on some a/c fittings (aluminum fitting/steel nut); it didn't work so well. Try using Kroil or PB Blaster, and let it sit.... Good luck!

Back