• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Wheels and tires came

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
My new wheels and tires came and I finally had some time to put them on. Only problem is I'm getting some rubbing, and I don't want to cut, so I'm thinking a 1" spacer up front. Any suggestions on who makes a good one?

Before

PA080174.jpg

After

PA080179.jpg

Where exactly is it rubbing, the inner wheel well, frame, or fender?

As far as spacers, they are pretty much all the same. Just find the cheapest place you can.

How about telling us what lift,tires,and wheels you have including backspace?

How about telling us what lift,tires,and wheels you have including backspace?

OME 930 coils and 10mm spacers up front
OME CSO34RB Leaf springs
OME D22XL AAL
American Racing Chamber 15" 3.75" BS
Bridgestone Revo 2 31x10.5

I'm sitting at 2.5" in the front and 3" in the rear. I"m thinking of getting a 1" coil space up front and a 1/2" shackle in the rear to give me more height to clear the tires.

My 32x10.50s rub on the control arms + antisway bar with stock rims/BS, but I expected that.

Well I can't seem to be able to find a company that makes a 1" spacer. Do you guys think 3/4" will be enough?

If I could have foreseen all these problems I would have gone with a bigger lift from the get go!

OKay I think I got a plan. I'm gonna take out the stock coil isolator as well as the OME spacer and add 1-3/4" spacer to give me 3.5" up front. I hear that Tomken makes a 1/2" shackle so I'm gonna get a pair of those as well. What do you guys think?

I think this is the 1st time i liked an xj better on stock rims than aftermarket....................:eyes:

I dunno, I kinda like those rims.

the NAC crew just finished harassing me :)twak: :spin1:) down from "don't want to trim" to "gotta find a set of TJ flares for cheap and trim it neatly in a few months when I have a budget again"

Back