• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lockrite

rguignard

NAXJA Forum User
im putting in a lockrite in my d35 axle this weekend anything i should be looking for or any easythings y'll know would help alot thanks :helpme:

if the axle has decent mileage on it, buy the pin and side washers before you remove the diff cover. you will want to replace them.
mind the bearing outer races as you remove the carrier, they can fall and get mixed up easily.
don't get your finger caught between the ring gear and the housing... ask me how i know.

For a d35, you shouldn't have to remove the carrier, just remove the cross shaft, remove the spider gears saving the thrush washers on the side gears, put the thrush washer onto the lockrite peices. I find that after you put the pins in the side pieces, I use a little axle gease, or lithum grease to hold them in so they don't fall out of place while installing them. If a c-clip d35, I start with the drivers side for ease and use a telescoping magnetic to put the passenger one. If its not a c-clip d35 then it should be a cake walk.

Sean

For a d35, you shouldn't have to remove the carrier, just remove the cross shaft, remove the spider gears saving the thrush washers on the side gears, put the thrush washer onto the lockrite peices. I find that after you put the pins in the side pieces, I use a little axle gease, or lithum grease to hold them in so they don't fall out of place while installing them. If a c-clip d35, I start with the drivers side for ease and use a telescoping magnetic to put the passenger one. If its not a c-clip d35 then it should be a cake walk.

Sean

they are called thrust washers. pulling the carrier makes it easier inspect everything. thats what i recommend doing along with replacing your axle seals and bearings.

how do ya get the c-clips in and out and back in? it seems like the lockrite pieces will get in the way to me. also, what about the tiny springs? are they a pain? i had a lockrite in my old jeep, but a shop installed it. i regeared my front end, so i think i can prolly install my lockrite on the new jeep. will the locker come with a new cross shaft and thrust washers? if not, where can i buy them? i never even pulled the diff cover and looked at my lockrite once it was in there, but i kinda saw the guy put it in, and he regeared the rear and replaced all the bearings and seals at the same time, so he already had the carrier out.

yeah, i always have. i never broke mine with 32's, and i beat on it really hard, and i won't go bigger than that on this jeep, so i'm not too worried. i do like being prepared, though....

Back