• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New play toy

fj40er

NAXJA Forum User
Hello to yall all, I am new to this site. I have a lot of friends on here so here I am. Sorry for the way I have to post but my photobucket is acting up. Well any ways my new toy is a 2001 Tocoma, v6, 5-spd, at one time is was a limited. It has a front dana 44, cromo. shafts, 5.38 gears, locked, front disc. custom steering, shackel rev, using wagg. front springs. The rear end is a dana 60, full custom, 35 spline cromo. shafts, ARB air locker, 5.38 gears, explorer dics. using chevrolet 63" springs . Front ARB bumper, warn winch 9000lb. never used. I have already wheeled with this truck and I love it. I was able to drive from Monroe GA. to Mt. Aetna in Tennessee, and wheel the crap out of and was able to drive home at 1 in the morning at 70 mph. I did know the owner of the truck and I know it was built right. Patrick at 4x4 customs did the front end back in 2004, and Scott at SBC offroad did the rear end. It drives so nice. I hope to see yall on the trails again. What do yall think. And yes I have taken all the stickers off all ready, I will post up newer pics. soon.
Stephen

tacoma4x4008.jpg

tacoma4x4013.jpg

Copyoftacoma4x4015.jpg

Copyoftacoma4x4012.jpg

Copy2oftacoma4x4010.jpg

If yall go the post that is titled Aetna tidbits, yall can see other pics., of my truck and of my friends rigs as well.

I'd cut the tubing off the front. It looks somewhat out of place without the rest caged and it's not like you're going to get any help keeping the fenders straight.

I'd cut the tubing off the front. It looks somewhat out of place without the rest caged and it's not like you're going to get any help keeping the fenders straight.

agreed, looks like a lot of deadweight to me, sweet truck ive always liked built third gen's, id look into lowering a little though it looks mighty tall

I will finish the cage, and I wish I could lower the truck. Its not worth my time to miss with it right now. I will be adding wheel spacers soon and that will help a little. The truck performs to good to miss with it. Plus for what I have in it, I will leave it alone. I can wheel it for a few years and still get my money back.

It looks like its got some small blocks in the rear, is it the same in the front? Just pull those out, or get some smaller junk yard springs (wrangler maybe). Trust me the way you drive that thing you wanna be as low and stable as possible, especially with no dome protection. I wouldn't worry about the mushroom tip till you get that covered. :)

Edit: you should paint the intake to look like a mario bros. mushroom

Your probably right, but it would have been an easy fix it were the case.

this truck is SWEET!!! i was able to wheel with him a few weeks ago at Aetna, as mentioned... and for only having the truck 5 days, he did very well! made great use of that skinny pedal a few times :)

...i would agree on lowering it a little bit. with all the work involved in removing the body lift, it would be easier to change out springs probably... but if you plan on removing the front exo cage, then i would remove the body lift. Or you could lower it with different springs, and add onto the exo cage over the cab and into the bed to offer full protection incase of a roll over...

whatever you decide, i know it'll still be a sweet truck!

I love a good Saw-Jaw, it made easy work in removing the front cage. Here are a few quick pics., what do yall think. I love the new look.

tacoma4x4028.jpg

tacoma4x4027.jpg

tacoma4x4026.jpg

Back