• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Liberty, Oct 9, 10, 11

fubar XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Heading out to Liberty this weekend with a few friends, passing along an invite if some folks want to join us. The plan is to arrive Friday at around 10, set up camp and wheel the rest of the day. All day wheeling Saturday, leaving camp at 9 a.m. Heading home Sunday morning as soon as we break camp, you can stay longer if you choose.

There is plenty of room to camp up there, Williams' Campground consists of a huge meadow as well as some smaller sites. If you're never been there before, it's sort of a Naches-Lite. Similar trails including some nice hillclimbs, but no funny/moon rocks. Directions are easy to get online, basically I-90 to Cle Elum, convenient to gas up and shop in town, at the far end of town head north on 970 and 97, turn right at Liberty Rd (about 25 miles outside of town) 1st right off Liberty Rd, over the bridge, we'll be camped either just up on the left at the T or down in the meadow right of the T. So far we have four wheelers in, more are welcome, providing the following:

* You are not a turd, meaning you are an adult who can get along with others and not bore them with bullshit stories or otherwise make them want to punch you in the face by being a general asshole. 99% of the people I've met here don't fit those categories, so I'm not concerned about this one.

* Your rig is not stock or a POS. You should have 33" tires and at least one locker, a winch is all but a must too, but not a total deal-breaker. Make sure it's ready to go, don't show up with things hanging by a thread and expect help to limp through the weekend. Once again, this group has generally been good about that, so I expect no problems.

I am the only NAXJA member going on this run so far, and I'll be taking my XJ this time. We also have an EB, a CJ-5, and a TJ on the run. You're welcome to bring whatever you want as long as it meets the above basic parameters.

Send me a PM if you want to go, we'd like to have a few more folks on this last weekend wheeling trip of the season. It will be cold overnight, so pack and plan accordingly if you decide to come.

OK, after re-reading that, I came across as a bit of a dick. :laugh:

I apologize, I'm not a dick, just a guy who doesn't want to wheel with them or their POS rigs. The guys I'm heading up with are all experienced wheelers as well as good guys. Once again, if you are reasonably set-up and want to explore Liberty with us, you're welcome to. You can either PM me or post here with any questions or concerns. :cheers:

Doug

Take pics Doug, Liberty is one place I have not checked out before.

~Scott

Okay Eli, I'm guessing we'll be back in camp by 6, 7 at the latest, unless unforseen trail troubles surface.

Scott, I've never been the picture guy on any given run, but my buddy Keith in the TJ usually snaps some. I'll let him know and see what he can come up with.

Doug

Cool. Jeep is down, with steering rod ends and track bar rod ends needing replaced. Where will you be camped at? Normal spot at the Miners field?

Right on Liberty Rd, 1st right down the little hill and over the bridge, left at the T and 1st or 2nd spot on the left shortly thereafter. Looks like a small turnout, so that little field will work fine, the one you can see the house up on the hill from. There is (or was, haven't been there in 2 years) a little open hole/mining claim on the left edge of the field, maybe it's the one you're thinking of. If you want to come out Saturday morning, you can ride with me on the trail. Departing camp at 9 a.m. Saturday, returning to camp at around 6-ish. Hope to see you up there.

Doug

So where are those pics? Have your TJ buddy post 'em up. :)

~Scott

Back