• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

still rotating tires?

wim hoppenbrouwers

NAXJA Forum User
Hallo. Is it necessary to rotate tires or is that only when you has a wrong adjustment of the wheels?
I do have my muds now for 4 years and nothing to see at them.
Do you guys rotate them every time?
I have to admit it is very difficult to see or muds have different wear.
What shall I do? :dunno:

'92XJ with 31" BFG Muds.

Last edited:
Tires should be rotated every 5-10,000 km regardless of whether you have a "wrong adjustment of the wheels". This will help you get the maximum life out of them.

A lot of people don't do it though..

The fronts tend to wear a little faster on the outside edge, the rears tend to wear a little faster in the center.

I take mine down to the Sams Club where I bought them, there they dismount, balance rotate while I'm shopping, two times a year without fail :D :D :D :D

at the repair shop i work at we recommend rotating ~6,000k (every other oil change). the more they are rotated the less wear they will show per there location on the vehicle. and remember to not go just front to back or side to side. rear wheels cross and front wheels go straight back (unless your wheel sizes are different or you're using directional tires).
hope that helps....

Back