• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A big thank you to all who post and share their knowledge!

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to the knowlege I've gathered from this site I had a great week at the JY. From a 98 cash for clunkers ZJ I grabbed the tie rod, sway bar, 136 amp alternator, and the upper radiator hose temperature sensor pipe that I plan on using to control the Taurus fan I grabbed a month ago. I also grabbed a pair of Dodge van leaf springs to soften fix my shackle angle and soften my ride a bit. Oh, and all on half price day! All for about $80.

I got the tie rod and sway bar in and WOW what a difference! It drives like I always hoped it would. Body roll is kept to a minimum and tie rod stiffens up the wheel wobble nicely. Both were bolt on without any mods.

I wish I could remember all the upgrades I've made in safety and performance. I would say the 95-96 brake booster was the most dramatic and gave the most "warm and fuzzy". I'll continue to upgrade my rig to make it the best I can based on the posts from this site. I love working on my rig and get plenty of satisfaction when it all comes together.

And I have you all to thank! Keep it coming gang and I'll see you on the trail!

Back