• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Cooling Question

Stuka87

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I have zero experience with this frenchie cooling system. So please forgive my questions here, but with no manual, and having done many searches, I can't seem to find the answer tot hese few basic questions :)

1: How do you tell if the system is low on coolant?

2: How do you fill the thing up?

3: Which type of coolant does it take?

4: Whats the total capacity of the whole system?

Thanks!

You should have a pressure bottle on the passenger firewall. its a large yellowish bottle with a rubber band holding it down.

that drains into your rad, i dont know capacitys but when i was running the closed system i kept the bottle 3/4" full.

#3: just a 50/50 mix will do the job

as a heads up, if you search for a Open-cooling system How-to, its fairly cheap and much more reliable to upgrade to a open system!

Thanks. Yes I have seen/bookmarked many post on the upgrade. If this cooling system ever needs replacing, then I will certainly go that way. Along with changing out the Bendix 9 brakes.

Oh, and is that 3/4" full when cool or warm? I notice it fills up more when hot.

I keep my bottle about 1/3 full when cold. That allows 2/3 of the pressure bottle for coolant expansion.

Back