• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trip Report - FF09, Sunday

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Mike, Charles and I were lazy today. Still unhappy that Mob Diner is closed on Sundays. Saturday was a long day so we all slept in and had a late breakfast. The polarity on the pedestal at my rv site is reversed, so I have no electricity. The owners of Slickrock Campground don't seem to give a rats pitoootie and can't be bothered to come over to my site to examine the problem. Can we choose a different campground next year? Maye one with better WiFi?

Hal took my rig and joined Thom, Santa and Dennis for a quick run around Fin and Things where Thom developed a coolant leak. Back at camp, Charles diagnosed the issue as a bad water pump and Tom set out for parts before the stores closed.

Repairs stopped about 6:00PM for dinner at the Brewery. Back to camp and a quiet night.

I'm so jealous i'm not there with you guys.

Thanks for the report Andy and keep em coming. I'll be looking forward to reading the next one.

Have fun boys!!
:D

Andy, you are more than welcome to look for a better campground that will.

A. Let over a hundred rigs work on their junk till all hours of the morning.

B. Have enough room to handle that large of group.

C. Let people drink and party till the wee hours of the morning.

D. Have shade and what not for the hot days.

Trust me we have looked. There are plenty of nice campgrounds in Moab. Most of them nicer than Slickrock. But there isn't one of them that is better suited to handle the rowdy crowds Fall Fling seems to bring. However...if you happen to find one, by all means let us all know. I know I would be happy enough to find a place a little cleaner and with newer facilities.

What do you mean, better Wifi? It works GREAT. when you're in the laundry room.

WEll then it must be a thousand times better than it was in 2006 then!

I could run string and tin cans between Moab and home and get a better connection than I did then. The tip was to go park at Portals and "borrow" their WiFi ;)

Maybe in 2007 but not the last two years! They had to reset to router and it quit working later on. I've given up using theirs but there are other options around town.

Am I the only one that enjoys being disconnected when I go on a wheeling trip?

Andy, you are more than welcome to look for a better campground that will.

A. Let over a hundred rigs work on their junk till all hours of the morning.

B. Have enough room to handle that large of group.

C. Let people drink and party till the wee hours of the morning.

D. Have shade and what not for the hot days.

Trust me we have looked. There are plenty of nice campgrounds in Moab. Most of them nicer than Slickrock. But there isn't one of them that is better suited to handle the rowdy crowds Fall Fling seems to bring. However...if you happen to find one, by all means let us all know. I know I would be happy enough to find a place a little cleaner and with newer facilities.

I think "Slickrock Campground" rocks and they don,t spank us for stupid stuff,but that's just me what do I know?,see ya next year....SANTA

I think "Slickrock Campground" rocks and they don,t spank us for stupid stuff,but that's just me what do I know?,see ya next year....SANTA

Have to agree with Dr. Moab and SANTA......

One of the new attendees of our event (Dave in the black 96 XJ) had a problem with his starter while on the trail... He purchased a new one and was changing it in his parking space when he was reprimanded by the OTHER campgrounds staff stating, "You are dropping oily waste on the ground... When Dave asked them to look at the motor home several spaces over... he was told "Never mind the motorhome; STOP working on your Jeep.....

This is a prime example of why we like Slickrock CG so much....

One of the new attendees of our event (Dave in the black 96 XJ) had a problem with his starter while on the trail... He purchased a new one and was changing it in his parking space when he was reprimanded by the OTHER campgrounds staff stating, "You are dropping oily waste on the ground... When Dave asked them to look at the motor home several spaces over... he was told "Never mind the motorhome; STOP working on your Jeep.....

I hadn't heard about that. So what OTHER campground should I avoid in the future?

Maybe in 2007 but not the last two years! They had to reset to router and it quit working later on. I've given up using theirs but there are other options around town.

Well I used it in the laundry room on Sat and it seemed fine to me to correct what I said earlier but it didn't seem to work worth a crap last year. I agree with Ryan, Santa, and Charles on the benefits vs having to go to the laundry to use Internet.

Got pressure washer?

Portal's next door?

Well I used it in the laundry room on Sat and it seemed fine to me to correct what I said earlier but it didn't seem to work worth a crap last year. I agree with Ryan, Santa, and Charles on the benefits vs having to go to the laundry to use Internet.

Tried to rinse my rig at Canyonlands, quickly yelled at, Slickrock no prob, as well as the other advantages. We can also get better congragate area with space around the cabins at Slickrock. Everyone should have free 3G if we keep Obama, the next 5 generations will pay for it.

Back